DNA sequence analysis for Mac

Edwin ten Dam etd at bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 2 09:58:29 EST 1999

In article <36B5FAE3.875ECC6E at chollian.net>, Senovia von Perle
<senovia at chollian.net> wrote:

>There are several softwares for DNA sequence analysis...
>MacDNAsis by Hitachi software...
>MacVector by Oxford...
>Sequencher...
>MacStar...

Macvector is very nice. The price is rediculous though: A very outrageous
1800 pounds! I can't see many University labs forking out that sort of
money. Why there isn't an academic discount I can't understand.

cheers,

Edwin

Edwin ten Dam                                         etd at bigfoot.com
School of Biomedical Sciences        -       University of St Andrews
Biomolecular Sciences Bldng, North Haugh,  St Andrews, KY16  9ST U.K.
Phone: +44 1334 463404                         - Fax: +44 1334 462595