GeneDoc version 2.5 (freeware for windows)
ketchup*NOSPAM* at cris.com
Sun Feb 7 17:17:53 EST 1999
Please be informed that GeneDoc version 2.5 has been released to
the GeneDoc web site:
Anyone using GeneDoc should upgrade to this version.
Significant new features, driven mainly by user input, include:
Lots of work on arrangement features:
Select a subset of sequences for arrangement.
Insert/Delete with Left/Right clicks.
Insert/Delete keys for gaps.
Additional arrangement functions.
Log Odds scoring.
DNA to Protein translation for alignments.
You can apply gaps from a protein project to a DNA project.
Persistant annotation and manual shading.
New menus are much more intuitive. Toolbar Tips. Redone help file.
Work on sections of an alignment.
Enzyme Gel simulation display.
* Made spaces in sequence names a warning.
* Fixed bug where loading user files after EMBL files fails.
* Fixed bug in Enzyme Report where first cut 1 too short.
* Changed Menus Considerably.
* Added Toolbar Tips to Toolbars.
* Added Function to ReGap DNA Project with Protein Project.
* Added Select Ranges to DNA Translation.
* Added DNA Frequency reports.
* Added Crtl-CR to to opposite arrangement as CR.
* Added DNA Translation
* Added Insert a single gap in all columns function
* Fixed bug causing display of group colors in name seperator.
* Added replace data with data from another project.
* Changed logodds report to allow to exclude no sequences.
* Changed Ins/Del key to work while residue editing.
* Added Clear of Manual Comments and Manual Shading.
* Added LogOdds alignment scoring.
* Changed caret handling a bit.
* Added Copy Consensus to clipboard as fasta file function.
* Changed toolbar copy button to copy as metafile.
* Changed replace to work on whole alignment if nothing selected.
* Added Saving of Manual Shading with show/hide config and button.
* Added Saving of Comments with show/hide config and button.
* Added Quick Find Function with MisMatches and Ins/Deletes.
* Added Ins/Del keys to Insert and Delete Gaps always.
* Added Right Mouse buttons does opposite of left mouse button in
* Fixed bug that hangs when export as Text/No Gaps.
* Changed user cannot enter spaces into data area.
* Added Display '~' as ' ' feature.
* Changed Fixed width parameter to be as high as 1000000.
* Removed 'Protected First Line' from Titling Facility.
* Fixed DNA complement to include ambiguities.
* Improved Slide Text routine so it does not unnecessarily grow
* Added Alignment Width Block Size option.
* Fixed possible crash when scoring/stats on few sequences.
* Added sequence description field.
* Added import IUPAC only funtion.
* Added Delete Data Columns function.
* Added Print Filename and Date with pagenumber.
* Fixed manual data input from crashing
More information about the Bio-soft