treetool for Linux

Thomas Sicheritz Thomas.Sicheritz at molbio.uu.se
Wed Feb 10 03:51:42 EST 1999

Korbinian Strimmer <korbi at mail-a.mchp.siemens.de> writes:

> Does anybody run "treetool" by Mike Maciukenas
> (from the Ribosomal RNA Database project)
> on Linux?  I have tried to compile the v.2.0.2 sources
> and succeeded even to link (with the xview libs)
> but still it doesn't work ("normal" termination
> with an error - no core dumbs)... :(

Treetool will only run with 8bpp (256 color mode)
You can run a second Xsession on another virtual console without stopping X
Ctrl-Alt-F8
startx -- -bpp 8 :1
and switch between the differetn Xsessions with
Ctrl-Alt-F7 and Ctrl-Alt-F8

> Any hints (maybe also to other tree manipulation
> software that runs on Linux)?
phylo_win
njplot
Phylodendron

c ya
-thomas

--
Sicheritz Ponten Thomas E.  Department of Molecular Biology
blippblopp at linux.nu         BMC, Uppsala University

	De Chelonian Mobile ... The Turtle Moves ...