Restriction fragment mapping programs

apogee1 at my-dejanews.com apogee1 at my-dejanews.com
Wed Feb 10 12:33:04 EST 1999

Hi!

Actually, I am in the same situation as Caro, and so I was glad to see her
post. I would like to map an ~100kb insert and localize a 5kb stretch of
known sequence in it. Looking at your program, I was quite impressed what it
can do, but I couldn't see how it could help me in solving my problem, as it
still seems to me that you have to enter the sequence data in order to get a
map, and what I am looking for is a program in which I can enter used enzymes
and fragment lengths obtained and assemble this data into a restriction map.
Is there a way this problem can be solved with CloneIt? Or is there any other
program around that can do it, either PC/Mac/Unix ?

Michael