Software for High school students?

francis at CMMT.UBC.CA francis at CMMT.UBC.CA
Fri Feb 12 19:42:54 EST 1999

> From: clarke4bug at (Clarke4bug)
> Subject: Software for High school students?

> I am a high school biology teacher in Austin, Texas.  I am interested in
> incorporating more technology into my classroom, however, I am not familiar
> with good software (Windows) that is appropriate for 9th grade students.  Any
> ideas?

Have alook at these two www pages:

. Lay people text on genetic diseases which uses many of NCBI resources, such as Entrez, PubMed, BLAST and so on ... links to other resources as well.

. A New Gene Map of the Human Genome

| B.F. Francis Ouellette                     tel: (604) 875-3815  |
| Director, Bioinformatics Core Facility     fax: (604) 875-3800  |
| Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, UBC, Canada     |
| francis at                                             |