database retrieval software....

jayakumar jakku at
Mon Feb 15 07:10:13 EST 1999

   I have a problem.  I have a folder on my PC (internet connected), where I
have individual text files of my subject abstracts (from various databases).
I have so many of them now, that I am not able to find out which of these
files contains the necessary keywords, which I am looking forward.
    Do any one of you know of any softwares, which can search through all
the text files in a folder for a particular term or a collection of terms
and then tell you which all files contain them.
    Thanks in advance
sincerely yours
R. Jayakumar, CSIR-SRF,
School of Biotechnology,
Madurai Kamaraj University,
Madurai - 625021.
tel: +91-452-858464(hostel), 858471(ask for 374 to lab)
fax: +91-452-859105
email: jakku at