database retrieval software....

Thomas Sicheritz Thomas.Sicheritz at
Tue Feb 16 03:30:18 EST 1999

"jayakumar" <jakku at> writes:

>    I have a problem.  I have a folder on my PC (internet connected), where I
> have individual text files of my subject abstracts (from various databases).
> I have so many of them now, that I am not able to find out which of these
> files contains the necessary keywords, which I am looking forward.
>     Do any one of you know of any softwares, which can search through all
> the text files in a folder for a particular term or a collection of terms
> and then tell you which all files contain them.

* Windows Commander's search function
* GNU's grep
* use a bibtex manager like bibdb or bibtools

Sicheritz Ponten Thomas E.  Department of Molecular Biology
blippblopp at         BMC, Uppsala University
BMC:  +46 18 4714214        BOX 590 S-751 24 UPPSALA Sweden
Fax   +46 18  557723
Molecular Tcl:
Molecular Linux:

	De Chelonian Mobile ... The Turtle Moves ...