database retrieval software....

Harry Mangalam mangalam at uci.edu
Thu Feb 18 00:57:54 EST 1999

While I personally prefer the elegant frustrations of the
grep/agrep/regex world,

http://discovery.altavista.com/

may provide what you're looking for in a more friendly interface.
Supposed to provide an altavista-like experience for searching your own
files as well as networked resources, sort of like what 'Sherlock'
provides for the Mac.

YMMV
--
Cheers,
Harry

Harry J Mangalam, Biological Chemistry
Rm 158, MedSciC, College Of Medicine, UC Irvine, Irvine, CA, 92697
(949) 824 4824[vox], (949) 824 2688[fax],
mangalam at uci.edu || mangalam at home.com
http://hornet.bio.uci.edu/~hjm/