PC sequence alignment program

Yuri Trembath tremby at GENETICS.UIOWA.EDU
Tue Feb 23 16:21:59 EST 1999

Dear all,

Sorry to raise a mildly ancient topic for some of these newsgroups, but I'd
be interested in hearing opinions on any and all sequence alignment
programs for Windows95/98/NT PCs.  I'm looking for something that will read
ABI sequence files and allow me to do multiple alignments and export
consensus sequences for BLAST searches.  Identification of restriction
sites, exons, repeats, ORFs, etc. would be bonus.  Cost comparisons would
also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Yuri Trembath
University of Iowa