about molecule drawing program

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Thu Feb 25 15:08:53 EST 1999

In article <199902251523.HAA17383 at net.bio.net>, fengbingjian at 163.net wrote:

> Dear neters:
> I am planning to draw a molecule (HLA-DRB) require specifying each atom's
> color. RasMol 2.6 does not meet this requirement. Do you know any other
> programs that can work?
> thanks in advance!
> Feng,Bingjian

What do you mean "specifying each atom's color"?
I've found RasMol to be very flexible in this
respect if you use the custom colour field
(have a look at the documentation).  I use
some C progs and AWK scripts to change the
PDB files.  Alternatively I just hammer out a
RasMol script.  If you need more than 255
colours you are probably out of look (but then
again my eyes aren't that good).

Bernard P. Murray, PhD