LINUX and Modems

Chris Fields cjfields at
Wed Jan 6 04:30:37 EST 1999

Sorry if this double-posted:

I am currently installing RedHat LINUX onto a Pentium (a separate hard
drive from the Windows OS).  I plan on buying a modem that would be
cross compatible with both operating systems.  I would give up Windows
completely, but I am dependent on Genedoc and a few other Windows-only
programs.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  I would like (if
possible) to get something with a high baud rate (pref. >30 kbs).
C. J. Fields
Graduate Student, Dept. of Biological Sciences
The University of North Texas
Denton, TX

email : cjfields at
"Giving money and power to government is like giving
 whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"
				-P. J. O'Rourke
"Join the military.  Travel to exotic places, meet
exciting people, then kill them"