LINUX and modems

Chris Fields cjfields at
Sun Jan 10 16:57:40 EST 1999

Just wanted to respond back with good news.  I took the advice of
staying away from "Winmodems" and purchased a Zoom 56K.  Works
wonderfully on Win95, WinNT, and LINUX (had to disable the Plug-n-Play
for NT, but I always thought that PnP was cheating anyway).

Thanks for the responses.  They helped wonderfully.  Now, if they would
only port Genedoc to LINUX (hint hint... )

C. J. Fields
Graduate Student, Dept. of Biological Sciences
The University of North Texas
Denton, TX

email : cjfields at
"Giving money and power to government is like giving
 whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"
				-P. J. O'Rourke
"Join the military.  Travel to exotic places, meet
exciting people, then kill them"