Ron Kagan qdbio at
Wed Jan 13 14:24:26 EST 1999

I use CLUSTALW 1.74 running on Solaris 2.5.1.  I run CLUSTALW from a shell
script: first I create the alignment (in my case, a profile alignment):

$CLUSTAL/clustalw -sequences -PROFILE1=$LOGS/final.aln -PROFILE2=$FSA/$fsaname

Then I create the tree from the alignment file:

$CLUSTAL/clustalw -infile=$ALIGN/$alignfile -tree -kimura -outputtree=nj
-outputtree=phylip -outputtree=dist

I hope this helps!

Ron Kagan