Help! Software to extract motif from alignment produced by CLUSTAL W.

Peter Hains phains at
Thu Jan 14 16:48:13 EST 1999

I have used and would recommend MEME, available via a Web interface at:
If you're really keen, the maker of Genedoc has ported the MEME code to
run under Windoze DOS mode available at:
Regards, Peter.

In article <199901130832.QAA27602 at>, xietao at
>Daer All:
>Could somebody tell me a free software(PC or UNIX) which is good
>at extracting motifs from sequence alignment produced by CLUSTAL W?
>Tao Xie (Sam) 99/1/13
>Xie Tao
>Bioinformatics & Protein Engineering Lab.
>Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, Academia, Sinica
>P. O. BOX 33#
>320# Yue Yang Road, Shanghai, P. R. China, 200031
>Telephone: (86)-(21)-64374430-255
>E-mail: xietao at

I'm afraid I don't have a clever saying to put here.

Remove NOSPAM to e-mail me.
Peter Hains				Ph. +61 2 9850 6216
Australian Proteome Analysis Facility	Fax. +61 2 9850 6200
Level 4 Building F7B
Macquarie University, Sydney 2109