DNA-GUI on Linux - how to compile?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at pasteur.fr
Thu Jan 28 07:56:04 EST 1999

In article <36A8AA7E.9D2C34FC at ibb.waw.pl>,
 Piotr Kozbial <piotrk at ibb.waw.pl> writes:

>   piotrk at pc:/dna-gui-linux > dui
>   Display deph = 16

As Alan said, this program works only on screens of depth 8 :-( I had to
restart my X server in 256 colors to run dui.

> > The second problem is that I am unable to compile the software myself as
> > compilation ends with error message:
> >
> >   "pc:/dna-gui-linux # ./sui.sh
> >   imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
> >   Imakefile.c:13 Imake.tmpl: No such file of directory

You miss important files in Imake. No wonder on a RedHat box, where many
packages are broken beyond all recognition.

> I have installed xdevel.rpm (needed for compilation of X-windows
> programs) and it is now compiling. Unfortunately there are hundreds of
> errors during compilation and the freshly compiled executable is

Many are only warnings.

> If you can help or just ensure me that it is possible to use DNA-GUI on
> Linux please respond.

I do it, at the present time and it works fine (8 bpp, remember).

--
Linux/Debian packages for biology
http://www.pasteur.fr/units/sis/debian/biology-en.html