(Q) Macintosh software for RIA and EIA data

Guy Hermans ghermans at luc.ac.be
Fri Jan 29 03:43:40 EST 1999

In article <NO-more-SPAM-2701991008090001 at newsgw.affrc.go.jp>,
NO-more-SPAM at mail.co.jp (H.K.) wrote:

> I'm looking for a good yet economically priced analysis software that can
> do, with Macintosh,  calculate from CPM (Radio Immuno Assay) or
> absorbance  (Enzyme Immuno Assay) data to concentration.

Most instrument suppliers will be able to assist you in choosing a
suitable software product to meet your demands. Most of these progs will
be able to directly read the raw data from the instrument through the
serial port, so you don't have to enter these manually. Most of the
software I know about is PC only, though.

Try searching the Yahoo! directory or use Altavista to locate a number of
freeware utilities that will do these calculations. There are some
available, but most of them will not read data directly from the
instrument, and some have less-than-optimal interfaces.

Guy

--------Guy Hermans, PhD student------------
MS research Unit             Tel 0032 (0) 11/26.92.07
Dr. L. Willems-Institute     Fax 0032 (0) 11/26.92.09
Belgium