Request for free DNA sequence analysis software

Peter Rice pmr at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jul 1 03:37:06 EST 1999

scunlgbc at PRIDNS.SCU.EDU.CN ("afei") writes:
>  I am a PhD student in China.I have sequenced some genes I isolated.But I
> don't have any analysis software on hand,so I can't analysize the
> sequences.If someone can give me this kind of software,I will be very
> appriciate of it.

I am developing a free sequence analysis package called EMBOSS
(European Molecular Biology Open Software Suite) which runs on all
common Unix systems.

EMBOSS is a collaboration with members of EMBnet, including the Chinese
national node at Peking University.

The EMBOSS project web pages are at http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/

There is an alpha release (changing daily) on our FTP server.

First beta release is due as soon as the command line sytax is stable.

Peter Rice                | Informatics Division, The Sanger Centre,
E-mail: pmr at sanger.ac.uk  | Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Tel: (44) 1223 494967     | Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, England
Fax: (44) 1223 494919     | URL: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/pmr/