Prog. for shade matrix from species-station table

Klaus Schnack ks at
Mon Jul 12 17:28:46 EST 1999

to examine species distributions I'm looking for a program
to create a shade-matrix from a species-station table,
i.e. to replace each count in the table with a symbol whichs
size (or shade) is proportional to the value.

It's a common procedure to compare species distribution
between different sites, but until now I didn't find a
handy tool for this task.

Any suggestion where to find such a tool would be
appreciated very much.

                                 (0 0)
Klaus Schnack                                      ks at
Institut fuer Polaroekologie
Wischhofstr. 3, Geb. 12
24148 Kiel, Germany