Quick Download PDB Files

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Wed Jul 21 08:50:55 EST 1999

Qiao Li-An wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We  can  use  SRS  method  to download a few PDB files, just click the
> search  results  one by one. But when we want to download thousands of
> protein structure PDB files, the task seems tedious.
>
> Now  I have a list of PDB Entry ID Code. How can I get these PDB files
> from www directly? Could I use ftp to get all of them?

In theory you can get _all_ PDB files by ftp; but they are 1.3 Gbytes
compressed!

Else you can prepare a script file for ftp (if you use some sort of
unix):

example.txt:

anonymous
cd all_entries/compressed_files
get pdb2sod.ent.Z
get pdb9rnt.ent.Z
quit

then:

ftp ftp.pdb.bnl.gov <example.txt

You'll need to type your email address as password.

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, Carlsberg Laboratory, Dept. of Chemistry
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08