DNASTAR on Macintosh, system 8.6

Frank O. Fackelmayer Frank.Fackelmayer at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Jul 23 02:20:05 EST 1999

Hi all,
I´ve been using the DNASTAR package for some time now without
difficulties. However, since I upgraded the operating system from 7.6 to
8.6 three weeks ago, I reproducibly get a system crash when using the
"OPEN" or "SAVE" commands (in all modules). Re-installing from the
original CD-ROM did not help, and the programs run normally when I boot
my computer from a system 7.6 CD-ROM. Thus, there appears to be some
incompatibility between DNASTAR and system 8.6, at least on my computer.
Has anyone else encounterd similar problems? Please also let me know if,
on your computer, DNASTAR and system 8.6 run well (so the problem could
be in my system configuration...).

Frank