video processing software

Dr. Michael Ferber ferber at
Mon Jul 26 02:54:50 EST 1999

On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Nicole Klapka wrote:
>I'm looking for software like NIH image for PC . It has to substract digital
>images and calculate the luminance of each pixel so that the image can be
>converted into a diagram.
>If You happen to  know something like that, please write me.
>Thank You,

As far as I know there is a pc-port of NIH-Image called  SCION-Image
you can find it at:

Another package that might be useful is ImageTool at:

A list of other graphics software can be found at:

Hope this helps
Murphy's sixth Law: "If everything seems to be going well, you have
obviously overlooked something."

Dr. Michael Ferber; Universitaet Frankfurt, Zoologisches Institut
Siesmayerstr. 70, D-60323 Frankfurt
email: Ferber at
tel: (+49) 069/798-24825 fax:(+49) 069/798-24820