Database searches - updating

Chris Upton cupton at uvic.ca
Tue Jun 1 20:02:56 EST 1999

Hi,
   I'm interested in searching the protein database with 200 proteins on a
routine basis.

I have a system to do the searches (FASTA) in batch locally (via a perl
script), but I'd like to be notified when there's a new hit with good
score.
Somehow an old and new reuslt file has to be compared.

Does anyone have a program to do this sort of thing?

I've used swiss-shop, but I eventually want to incorporate this
notification into another program for displaying the results graphically.

Any ideas appreciated!

Chris Upton