Automatically finding inserts in a phage sequence?

Gys de Jongh GysdeJongh at
Wed Jun 16 16:52:22 EST 1999

Dr. Greg Quinn <greg at> wrote in message
news:7k8pmm$6i4$1 at
> Does anyone know of a currently existing piece of software
> (to save me time writing it) which will scan and identify
> an insert region within a vector sequence when the flanking
> phage insert site sequence is known?
> Cheers
> Greg

you could use
the function 'search' together with the option 'select from start' will
select the vector sequence which can then be 'cut'  leaving the sequence
without vector.
You can get a free version off the software, no updates.