Automatically finding inserts in a phage sequence?

Dr. Greg Quinn greg at
Wed Jun 16 17:45:49 EST 1999

Gys de Jongh (GysdeJongh at wrote:
: Dr. Greg Quinn <greg at> wrote in message
: news:7k8pmm$6i4$1 at
: > Does anyone know of a currently existing piece of software
: > (to save me time writing it) which will scan and identify
: > an insert region within a vector sequence when the flanking
: > phage insert site sequence is known?
: >
: > Cheers
: > Greg
: Hi,
: you could use
: the function 'search' together with the option 'select from start' will
: select the vector sequence which can then be 'cut'  leaving the sequence
: without vector.
: You can get a free version off the software, no updates.
: Gys

Thanks a lot for this info; I meant (but forgot) to mention that I am
using a UNIX box to automate this, so it needs to be a command line unix