"Best viewed with MS Internet Explorer" button

Stephane Bortzmeyer, by way of Mail Administrator bortzmeyer at PASTEUR.FR
Fri Jun 18 14:29:51 EST 1999

In article <v03102700b38edda04207@[130.206.36.86]>,
 pujadas at argo.urv.es (Gerard Pujadas) writes:

> 	I'm just finishing to build a database of protein structures. I've
> tested the pages with Microsoft Internet Explorer and now I've seen that
> the appearance  of the pages with Nestcape is very different.

Of course, that's the Web, you concentrate on content, not on pixel
tuning.

> 	Some time ago, I saw in a web page a rectangle image (like a
> button) with something like that inside it: "Best viewed with MS Internet
> Explorer".

"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a
Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web,
computer, another word processor, or another network."

                             -Tim Berners-Lee in Technology Review, July 1996

http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/