Help needed with ESV Y2K Year 2000 compliance problem

Andrew Wallace a.wallace at qub.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 12:03:47 EST 1999

Our research group has recently been informed by Evans and Sutherland
that our faithful ESV 3plus workstation is not Y2K compliant, due to a
hardware problem. We also have an Indigo R3000 which has the same
problem (same chip set). The manufacturers cannot offer a solution and
we cannot afford to replace these items at such short notice.
Can anyone offer a software patch or workaround which would keep our
workstations functioning after 31/12/1999?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Andrew
Andrew Wallace, Ph.D.
School of Biology and Biochemistry, Queen's University Belfast,
97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland (UK).
Tel. : +44 (0)7074 226373     Fax : +44 (0)7074 426373
Email: a.wallace at qub.ac.nospam.uk (remove "nospam" to email me)
WWW  : http://www.qub.ac.uk/bb/wallace.html