Mac applications that let you enter sequences verbally?

Richard P. Grant r_grant at see.sig.for.address
Fri Jun 25 06:07:00 EST 1999

In article <7kvigo$915$1 at scotsman.ed.ac.uk>, chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk (Chris
Boyd) wrote:

>Not nearly as fast as typing, nor nearly as accurate.  I fail to see
>how speech recognition can be an improvement over typing for this
>simple application. In general, using speech recognition as the
>user/computer interface might have short-term benefits,

<snip>

Strikes me that a better solution might be to use a scanner and write a
macro for NIH-Image to track automagically.  Of course, you then have the
problem of resolving bands that are close together, or bendy, but you get
that manually anyway.

Comments?

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at cmtech.co.uk
work: www.cmtech.co.uk        |      home: www.avnet.co.uk/adastra