Production of EST sequences

l. heijnen l.heijnen at
Mon Jun 28 14:49:38 EST 1999

We are currently evaluating software packages that are able to analyse short
(<500 bp)EST sequences in a high-trougput, automated mode.
Does anyone have suggestions what (user friendly) software would be usefull

We are determining the EST sequences on an ABI 377.
We would like to have base calls with quality scores.
Vector sequences should be trimmed off automatically.
Some (basic) assembly should be possible (forward/reverse run).
Editting should be possible on trace files.
Output sequences should be in Fasta format.
The complete process should be fast (with very little "hands on work")

L.heijnen at