Graduate Fellowship at ZIB, Berlin (Germany)

Hans-Christian Hege hege at zib.de
Tue Mar 2 06:37:10 EST 1999

               Image Processing / Computational Geometry

                         Graduate Fellowship

        Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)

Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB) invites students
who are interested in pursuing a Ph.D. to apply for a fellowship in the
Graduate Fellowship Program "Temperature Dependent Effects for Therapy and
Diagnostics". This program is in close connection to the collaborate
research centre 273 "Hyperthermia in Oncology: Methods and Clinic" at
Humboldt University Berlin (speaker: Prof. Dr. R.  Felix). The fellowship
is available for two years with possibility of extension. The taxfree
scholarship is DM 2.690,- per month for qualified students according to
the regulations of the German Research Foundation (DFG).

Research Areas:

- algorithms for deforming anatomical grid models
- algorithms for mapping grid models to medical image data
- image analysis, registration and fusion

Requirements:

- above average masters degree (or diploma) in computer science, mathematics
  or physics
- profound knowledge in image processing and/or computational geometry
- good acquaintance with object oriented programming in C++
- interest in medical problems.

We expect a high degree of commitment. In return we offer an interesting
field of work, an opportunity for creativity, a highly motivated research
team, excellent machinery equipment and favourable working conditions.

We particularly encourage female applicants, since women are underrepresented
in science and ZIB is engaged in enlarging the quota. Handicapped applicants
will be preferred on terms of equal qualification. Applications with photo,
curriculum vitae in tabular form and customary documents quoting the title
"Graduiertenkolleg -- Scientific Visualization" should be submitted to

        Prof. Dr. Peter Deuflhard
        Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)
        Takustr. 7
        14195 Berlin-Dahlem
        Germany

For further information contact Dr. Martin Seebass (seebass at zib.de, phone: