drawing a map

Paula Burch pburch at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu
Wed Mar 10 11:49:14 EST 1999

Given a 30 kb region of genomic DNA, and sequence start and stop info
on dozens of different exons that are of specific interest within this
sequence, what's the easiest way to draw a quick picture showing
visually just where all of these exons are, with labels?

This is quite different from exon prediction. We already know where
the sequences of interest are - we need a summary to which we can
easily refer. Drawing a map either by hand or with the computational
tools I know takes a huge amount of time, though. Is there an existing
tool to make it quick and easy?

Paula E. Burch, Ph.D.             Molecular Biology Computation Resource
Baylor College of Medicine, BCMM M220                voice: 713.798.6023
One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030                 fax: 713.798.4279
http://mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu/pburch.html            email: pburch at bcm.tmc.edu