Secondary Structure Prediction

Kevin Karplus karplus at cse.ucsc.edu
Wed Mar 10 15:19:42 EST 1999

In article <7boo0n$knj$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>, plantscigroup at my-dejanews.com writes:
|> The following server is supposedly the most accurate currently available:
|>
|> PSIPRED: http://globin.bio.warwick.ac.uk/psipred
|>
|> Gary Marcher

At the CASP3 contest last December, two secondary-structure predictors
stood out as superior to the rest---PSIPRED was the best.

The second-best was a predictor that Christian Barrett and I wrote
that we have not released (it was a class project for Christian and a
recreational project for me).  We hope to release a real
secondary-structure predictor later this year, combining Christian's
work with two other predictors we've been developing at UCSC.  Until
that comes on-line, PSIPRED is definitely your best bet.

--
Kevin Karplus 	karplus at cse.ucsc.edu	http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~karplus
Effective Cycling Instructor #218-ck