GDE on Linux

Alan Williams Alan at
Wed Mar 10 18:33:57 EST 1999

I have been setting up some molbio software on several linux machines and
have several questions regarding GDE:

First off, I am using GDE 2.2.

I have noticed an anoying bug when cutting and pasting whole sequences.
On the second cut the program crashes.  Has anyone else encountered this
bug? Any fixes?

Less important: Has anyone put together some good .GDEmenus (and any
necessary scripts) for interfacing to alscript, phylip, clustal, tacg, ... ?
Any menu segments would be appreciated.  What every I come up with in
the end I will make available here.

Alan Williams

Alan Williams           (finger alan at for pgp public key)
University of California, Riverside   "Where observation is concerned,
Dept. of Botany and Plant Sciences     chance favors the prepared mind."
Alan at                               -- Louis Pasteur