software for reading sequence from PDF file

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at
Fri Mar 19 17:39:50 EST 1999

In article
<717801BBC100D211B89500805F6FAD93047D56 at>,
Tvenkatesh at wrote:

> I would like to know if there is software that can convert PDF file into
> text files.
> Specifically we want to extract  sequences from patent documents which are
> stored as images in PDF
> format. We tried Acorobat reader, it did not help.
> I appreciate your help.
> Thanks
> Venky
> T. V. (Venky) Venkatesh, Ph D

If you have Perl on your machine (and why not?) then
check out;

for a Perl script for that purpose.
     I have yet to try it but I hope this is helpful for you.
Bernard P. Murray, PhD