PlasmidDrawing for Mac?

Zophonias O. Jonsson zjons at vetbio.unizh.ch
Wed Mar 31 10:22:11 EST 1999

In article <3701ECD1.1A1959A at auckland.ac.nz>, m.winter at auckland.ac.nz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> can anyone recommend a Plasmid Drawing package for the Mac? I already
> know MacPlasmap but look for something more advanced ...
>
> Thanks.
>
> Markus

Hi Markus,

  Textco's Gene Construction Kit is quite nice and pretty "advanced".  It
does cost a bit, though.  The price for a single license is somewhere
around $1000 usd if I remember correctly.  The learning curve is a bit
steep at the begining but as soon as one figures out the little tricks it
is very easy to use.

Sincerely

Zophonias

Zophonias O. Jonsson
Institut fur Veterinarbiochemie               Tel: (41-1)-635-54-76
Universitat Zurich-Irchel                     Fax: (41-1)-635-68-40
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich
Switzerland                            <http://www.unizh.ch/~zjons>