Need help for Software that can do codon usage analysis

Tom Hall tahall2 at
Tue Nov 9 11:45:58 EST 1999

If you're looking for something that will simply tabulate the frequencies of codon usage in individual ORF-encoding DNA sequences (and compare the usage frequencies
to another organism such as E. coli), a sequence/alignment editor called BioEdit will do that:

It does not do any sophisticated ORF identification, however, and is not useful for analyzing large stretches of raw DNA that may have multiple ORFs.

Tom Hall