web link testing

Susan Jean Johns johns at CGL.UCSF.EDU
Wed Nov 10 13:22:37 EST 1999

	This is Susan Johns of the SACS (Sequence Analysis & Consulting
Service) unit at UCSF. We are currently using MOMspider to go through and
test links on our web site. There are some problems however with sites
that are real to a user not responding properly when the program probes
them. A large number of links are reported as broken which work when
tested by hand.

	Are there any other programs out there which do a similar function but
don't display this behavior? It would be nice to be able to check out our
secure pages as well which MOMspider dosen't allow us to do.