program to Reformat sequences?

Marcel Dinger marcel at
Fri Nov 12 13:59:32 EST 1999

Jose Lopez <lopez at> wrote in message
news:705E975A40BED211949800105A1C2F4C54CC83 at
> Dear ColleaguesI am looking for a program (preferably shareware)  that can
reformat FASTA
> blocks or interleavedDNA sequence alignments (txt files) into triplet (codons)
form, and which
> preserves the alignments.  If the programcan convert between other formats
(GCG, MEGA etc) , even better!I would appreciate any leads.Cheers Jose V. Lopez,

Have you tried Genamics SoftwareSeek? There is a section for Format Conversion
Utilities, which may contain a program that is of use to you. The URL is

Marcel Dinger,