XML support from NCBI/Blast?

Dr. Greg Quinn greg at franklin.burnham-inst.org
Wed Nov 17 03:30:17 EST 1999

Thanks Wayne, just checked this out. You've done some very good work on
this.

Wayne Parrott (wayne at workingobjects.com) wrote:
:
: I'm not sure about NCBI's direction w.r.t. XML but I developed an
: in-house server earlier this year that post-processes blast results
: transforming them into XML, i.e., BlastXML documents. The parsing and
: transformation tools from this system are Java_1.1-based and may be
: downloaded from http://www.workingobjects.com along with the source at
: no charge. The BlastXML DTD and sample documents are available at
: http://www.workingobjects.com/blastxml. If you have IE5 point it at
: http://www.workingobjects.com/blastxml/sv40_short_ncbi.xml to view an
: XSL formatted document. Note: the BlastXML DTD may be used any other
: system without restriction.
:
: Good luck.
:
:
: "Dr. Greg Quinn" wrote:
: >
: > I'm in the process of converting a database system I've written to use/return
: > XML, and I'd like to know if NCBI has (even experimentally) any services such
: > as a BLAST server or Entrez which is returning data in XML format which I can
: > extract data from. I wasn't able to find any info at the NCBI site in respect
: > to this.
: > Any help welcomed.
: > Cheers
: > Greg
:
: --
: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
:  Wayne Parrott                   email: wayne at workingobjects.com      |
:  WorkingObjects.com              voice: (972)491-3704                 |
:  "Distributed Object Technology    fax: (972)491-7284                 |
:    for Life Sciences"              web: http://www.workingobjects.com |
: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
:  "The main thing, is to keep the main thing, the main thing"
:    lyrics by Scott Krippayne

Computational Biology Group
The Burnham Institute
(formerly La Jolla Cancer Research Inst.)
10901 North Torrey Pines road
La Jolla
CA92037

Phone:(619) 646 3103