looking for ImageTools - where did they go?

Len Cleary lcleary at nba19.med.uth.tmc.edu
Wed Nov 24 14:02:13 EST 1999

The developers at San Antonio basically went their separate ways and
discontinued development (as far as I know). Fortunately, they left the
program in a usable state. I prefer Image Tool to Scion Image (even though I
have a Scion capture card) because it is more tolerant of image color modes.
Scion Image is based on Mac color conventions. I'm sure if I was accustomed
to NIH Image, though, I would echo your sentiments.

Len Cleary

Michael Baron wrote in message <383A5726.1E287C24 at deletethisbbsrc.ac.uk>...
Actually, the two programs are quite different (I know, I have loked at
them both). The Scion Image program is a port of the Mac program NIH
Image to Windows, and appears to be a pretty good job at that (also
looks very much like NIH Image). Image Tool was a completely home grown
program from UTHCSA. Sorry, I don't know what happened to it. Having
played with both, I preferred the Scion Corp program, but that is just
my opinion, very subjective, and probably biased by my familiarity with

Michael D. Baron Ph.D. (michael.baron at delete.the.obvious.bbsrc.ac.uk)

Senior Research Scientist
Institute for Animal Health
Ash Road,