CONSED for Linux (do I need Motif?) / ABI 3700 and PHRED.

Stephen R. Lasky srlasky at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 5 17:07:49 EST 1999

Alexander Kozik wrote:

> I need advice with installation of PHRED / PHRAP / CONSED on Linux.
>
> Do I need Motif to run CONSED on Linux?
> Is it possible to use Lesstif libraries instead of Motif?
>
> Does anybody use PHRED / PHRAP / CONSED on Slackware?
>
> Does PHRED read ABI 3700 files?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Alexander Kozik
>
> Dpt. of Biological Chemistry
> School of Medicine
> UCD
> Davis CA

I have set up consed/phred/phrap (cross-match/swap) on redhad 5.1, 5.2
and 6.0.  No motif and no problem.  You might want to take a look at the
documentation that comes with the phrap distribution and with consed,
then just make and make install them and see if they work.  I think the
installer looks for libraries that it needs and stops if it doesn't find
them.

Yes, phred reads 3700 files. I am not convinced it gives a very good
quality assessment (some of the runs on our 3700s look better than what
phred says they are), and they work in assemblies.

hope that helps

srlasky
--
Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D.			#