sequence trace files format problem

Jim Phelps phelpsj_stuff at
Fri Oct 8 12:59:48 EST 1999

In article <37FD4E94.B1D5FEFB at>, jparsons at wrote:

> Dear Paula,
> It is a Mac JVM problem that is fixed if you install MRJ 2.1.4 and
> use the latest IE. I haven't tried the latest Netscape but hope that
> the Sun/Netscape/AOL alliance may finally produce a JDK1.1 JVM
> that works.

If the JVM fix doesn't work for you, you can try using TAS from Syntax to
transfer your files to the UNIX box.  TAS lets you drag-and-drop your
files.  It preserves all of the Mac attributes but it does convert the
files so UNIX can read them.

This worked for us.

- Jim Phelps

Director                            /  Computer Support & Planning
Biological Computing Consortium    /                       C.G.R.B.
                 (phelpsj at bcc dot orst dot edu)
Oregon State University,   Center for Gene Research & Biotechnology