sequence trace files format problem

Nirav Merchant nirav at arl.arizona.edu_no_spam
Fri Oct 8 19:18:45 EST 1999

Paula,
    I am not sure if this will answer you question  ..but we encountered a
similar problems when we developed our "online" ordering and delivery system
for our DNA seq. facility.
    The work around was ...instead using http URL to download the file we
used ftp URL
i.e ftp://dna.arizona.edu/pub/file.cro instead of
http://dna.arizona.edu/file.cro.
    We have users opening these files on mac using Editview and PC users
using chromas/abiview ..unix folks using trev/gcg etc.

regards,
Nirav