Uppercase and lowercase DNA letters in Consed window

Super-User ollig at biofrontera.de
Wed Oct 13 03:32:39 EST 1999

gmei at my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi:
> When I use Consed to contig DNA sequences, I saw sequences aligned
> against each other. But in DNA sequences, some letters are in lower case
> and some are in upper case. Does anyone know if there is any meaning of
> that?
> Thank
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

The uppercase nucleotides  have a better quality value than lowercase
Try to click at a letter with the mouse cursor and watch the
standart-out (the xterm you started consed in). It will output the
quality value of the nucleotide.

"To save energy
    the light at the end of the tunnel
         will temporarily be switched off."