Primer Express Software

Urmas Kõljalg urmas at zbi.ee
Thu Oct 14 06:47:32 EST 1999

Hello,

I have large database of rDNA ITS sequences of closely related
fungal species. I would like to design group specific primers for ITS
regions in order to discriminate between different groups of
species. Could anybody give me advice if Primer Express Software
(Perkin-Elmer) is suitable for such project? Is there cheaper
software available which will do the same?

Best wishes
Urmas Koljalg

*****************
Dr. Urmas K6ljalg
Docent, Inst. of Botany and Ecology, University of Tartu
Head of the Mycological Dept., Inst. of Zoology and Botany
Estonian Agricultural University
181 Riia Str., 51014 Tartu, Estonia
Tel +372 7 383027
Fax +372 7 383013