automating mac->UNIX ABI data

gmei at my-deja.com gmei at my-deja.com
Thu Oct 14 16:44:40 EST 1999

In article <9910140336.AA01122 at russell.cgl.ucsf.EDU>,
  botka at CGL.UCSF.EDU (Chris Botka) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am novice on this particular subject, so if this is a silly
> question, apologies in advance.
>
> I have been asked by some folks who use our resource about
> automating uploads of ABI (377) base calls and raw sequence data to
> a UNIX host.
>
> I figure *someone* must have some scripts etc. to do this.  Issues
> are: automation on the mac side (Applescript MacPerl?), naming
> conventions, and compression??...

> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> ________
>
> Christopher W Botka			Phone: (415)476-5379
> Sequence Analysis Consulting Service	Fax: (415)502-1755
> UCSF Computer Graphics Lab		Office: Lib-111
> Internet: botka at cgl.ucsf.edu		Mail Drop: Box 0446
> http://www.sacs.ucsf.edu/		NeXT/MIME mail OK

Hi:

We are doing this with "CAP" which is a shareware from Columbia Univ. It
works very well. You just mount the unix directory that you want to
store your DNA trace file and sequence file as your mac folder, then you
just drag and drop the ABI 377 files from your mac.

A related question: We also have several ABI 3700s and they are on NT
platform. We are using "SAMBA" to do the file transfer and we have found
that we frequently get "network" errors and the transfer would stop in
the middle of the process. We have tried SAMBA client and SAMBA daemon,
we also tried different SAMBA configuration settings. But the problem
still exists. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks.

Guang Mei

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.