UK-based bioinformatics job

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst at camb-antibody.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 12:03:17 EST 1999

BIOINFORMATICS JOB OPPORTUNITY

Cambridge Antibody Technology (CAT) is a highly successful
biopharmaceutical company listed on the London Stock Exchange. We are
acknowledged as the world leader in our field. As a result of continued
expansion in an internationally recognised bioinformatics group, we are
seeking to recruit a talented bioinformatics scientist.

This is an opportunity for a graduate (possibly holding a Masters degree
in
bioinformatics) who is interested in using and extending their portfolio
of
skills working on development of leading-edge informatics systems at
CAT.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated a genuine flair for
computer programming. It would be advantageous but not essential to have

previous knowledge and/or experience of some of the following:
object-orientated
programming and design; distributed object platforms; Java;
CORBA; relational and object databases; HTML/CSS; XML/XSL; and
Unix. An understanding of commonly used biological databases,
bioinformatics software and techniques such as: BLAST; profile HMMs;
and fold recognition is also desirable.

Operating in a fast-moving, dynamic team environment you will have a
variety of challenging opportunities. These include interacting with
scientists from a wide range of disciplines; developing innovative data
mining and visualisation tools; and playing a key role in integrating
CAT's
discovery research processes within CAT's CONT1NUITY™ bioinformatics
framework (see Pharmainformatics: A Trends Guide [1999] from Elsevier
Trends Journals).

If you are interested in this position, located in the Cambridge area,
please
send your CV, quoting reference 560/LM, to our recruitment consultant,
Liz
Mayne, Scientech, Beaconsfield Court, Beaconsfield Close, Hatfield,
Hertfordshire, AL10 8YE. E-mail: scientech at science-recruitment.com

Closing date Friday 5 th October 1999

http://www.catplc.co.uk/

--