ABI data extraction utilities

John Barlow john_q_barlow at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 7 11:38:40 EST 2000

I also used Chromas, but it was not updated for quite a long time and is a bit
flaky.  The best program for viewing, printing, and extracting sequences from
ABI data is the free program GeneStudio LE, available for download at
http://www.genestudio.com.  GeneStudio LE will also show SCF files.  A simpler
version without the viewer of chromatograms is also on that site.  It is called

Another free program that will allow to do this (and much more) is BioEdit
http://www.mbio.ncsu.edu/RNaseP/info/programs/BIOEDIT/bioedit.html.  I think
that GeneStudio LE has a much better ABI chromatogram viewer than BioEdit and
the interface is much more user friendly.

In article <8cgcsa$et7$1 at ssauraab-i-1.production.compuserve.com>,
GysdeJongh at compuserve.com says...