sequence analysis of 5'UTR - HELP

Robert Chadwick chadwick-1 at
Thu Apr 13 11:19:35 EST 2000

Rather than using a commercial site check out the Sanger Center's links to promoter analysis at:

topalli at wrote:
> Hi,
> I have several kb of the 5' untranslated region of a gene. Is there any
> software out there that can do some preliminary analysis of this
> sequence for me? Is there any such resources in the Web.

 SNIP commercial SPAM
> Specifically I'd like to look for response elements, transcription factor
> binding sites, TATA, CAAT boxes and the like. It seems like a pretty
> basic problem and a fairly mechanical process so I would be surprised if
> there were not publicly available resources.

Transcription factor binding sites can be found with the software
MatInspector. The program is one of several tools which are available
on the genomatix server:

SNIP commercial SPAM
scherf at

Robert B. Chadwick
Director, Genotyping/Sequencing Unit
Division of Human Cancer Genetics
Ohio State University
420 West 12th Avenue
Columbus, OH   43210

phone  (614) 688-4783
FAX      (614) 688-4761
e-mail   chadwick-1 at
web address
"Scientists have odious manners, except when you prop up their theory;
then you can borrow money from them."          --- Mark Twain