Problem with MacPattern and BLOCKS+ dataset

nospam at nospam at
Fri Aug 4 03:57:55 EST 2000

This message has been posted by:  m.mitchell at (Mike Mitchell)

In article <39899DC7.7B622A54 at>,
helge.volkel at wrote:

> split the blocks database textfile into two (or more) textfiles.
> generate two indices. in macpattern you are able to open more than 1

I was hoping to avoid having to do that, unfortunately it does seem to
be the only current solution. Of course as BLOCKS+ grows this will be
more of an issue, I will ask the authors of the software if they are
willing (or able) to re-write the code to increase this 10,000 entry

Michael Mitchell                 "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                  I'll be back for breakfast."
Molecular Biology Software      Ace Rimmer, Test Pilot
+44 (0)171 269 3115                BBC-TV Red Dwarf           ENFJ