Anybody using CloneMap? I need help, please!

Dr. Klaus Eimert eimert at web.de
Fri Aug 25 02:02:35 EST 2000

Hi everybody,

recently, I have had problems when using the CloneMap program from CGC
Scientific. I tried to contact them several times about it, but they do
not seem to care. So, I thought some knowledgable person from the ng
could help.
After using the program for quite some time with only minor problems, I
suddenly get some problems with several plasmid maps: after saving an
apparently "normal" plasmid (after cloning operation), upon opening this
map again the program "swallows" parts of the genes and displays an
error message "general protection fault in module clonemap.exe at
0002:BE4B" and "stream read error". New installation does not help at
all.
Anybody got an idea? Is this a bug of the program or are there some
(sudden?) incompatibilities with my hardware?
Sincerely yours,

Klaus Eimert

Dr. Klaus Eimert
Dept. of Botany
State Research Institute Geisenheim	Phone:    + 49 6722 502 469
Von-Lade-Str. 3				Fax:      + 49 6722 502 460
D-65366 Geisenheim			E-Mail:   eimert at web.de
Germany					URL: www.mnd.fh-wiesbaden.de/fag/bio/bo/ebostart.html